Sven Christiansen plc t/a Corporate Environments (“we”/”us”) warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for ten years from the date of purchase: three years in the case of moving parts, fridges and electrical components, five years for HiRise², subject to appropriate use, care and maintenance and to compliance with our Terms of Sale.
During the applicable guarantee period, we, at our sole discretion, will repair or replace any product, part, or component covered by this guarantee which fails under normal use as a result of a defect in material or workmanship; we will repair or replace such product, part, or component with a comparable product, part, or component. Any collection, delivery or remedial works will be carried out during our normal working hours, at our premises or the customer’s premises, at the sole discretion of Corporate Environments.
This guarantee is provided to the party who purchased the goods from Corporate Environments and applies to furniture installed in mainland UK. Any misuse, abuse, or modification to the original product voids the guarantee.
The guarantee does not apply to:
- natural variations in wood grain or figure or other naturally occurring marks in timber.
- the matching of colours, grains, or textures of natural materials.
- changes in surface finishes due to aging or exposure to light.
- natural marks, scars or wrinkles in leather.
- failure or deterioration resulting from normal wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal usage or working environment, or failure to follow the manufacturer’s or other provider’s instructions whether oral or in writing.
- damage or deterioration resulting from extreme environmental conditions or inappropriate storage.
- the colourfastness or matching of colours of textiles, including exact matching to cuttings, samples or swatch cards.
- damage, marking, or staining of panel surfaces due to contact with rubber or similar compounds, liquids, or solvents.
- damage from impact, abrasion, sharp objects or writing instruments, or exposure to direct sunlight or excess heat.
- furniture and goods subjected to any unauthorised repair or misused, abused or altered in any way whatsoever.
- customer’s own materials and any other customer-supplied items.
- damage due to inappropriate cleaning.
- fabric wear when fabrics have not been regularly vacuumed (monthly).
- damage due to dragging (as opposed to lifting) furniture when moving or relocating it.
To the extent allowed by law, any implied warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are disclaimed and to the extent they are legally required, are limited in duration to the duration of this written guarantee. We shall not be liable for loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss, or incidental or consequential damages in relation to any claim under this guarantee.
Applicable to supplies made after September 2020.